MANDARIN ORIENTAL HOTEL GROUP LAUNCHES "INNER STRENGTH – OUTER STRENGTH” WELLNESS INITIATIVE
Reflecting on the unprecedented challenges of 2020 and starting the new year with renewed energy, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has launched the "Inner Strength – Outer Strength” wellness initiative across all its spas worldwide to assist guests in using this time of disruption to create positive changes and build strength both physically and mentally.
"The adversity in 2020 has led all of us to re-prioritize personal wellness. Developing our reserves of strength during times of uncertainty is crucial to avoid illness, manage stress and be better able to support others,” said Jeremy McCarthy, Group Director of Spa & Wellness.
Through this initiative, guests can focus on their ‘Inner Strength’ development by taking time for silence, contemplation and mindfulness, while building ‘Outer Strength’ through boosting physical vitality with exercise, movement and healthy nutrition.
The ‘Inner Strength – Outer Strength’ experience is tailored to the specific needs of each guest, a series of virtual assessments and tip sheets have also been developed to support guests remotely. Specialty offerings at The Spas at Mandarin Oriental include:
• Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is offering a series of singing bowl workshops along with tailored fitness programmes based on a full body composition analysis.
• Mandarin Oriental, Macau is featuring a relaxing ‘Inner Strength’ spa treatment combined with a variety of fitness classes including yoga and personal training.
• Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok is pairing advanced yoga nidra techniques such as pranayama (breathwork) and mantra chanting alongside intense fitness activities, including guided runs and boot camp sessions.
• Mandarin Oriental Milan is presenting yoga and singing bowl sessions along with private AquaGym and stretching classes.
• Mandarin Oriental Marrakech is running workshops on essential oils along with complimentary fitness assessments with their certified coach.
• Mandarin Oriental, Canouan is offering yoga and guided meditation alongside active outdoor activities such as kayaking and hiking.
The course’s three core areas focus on: Physical Strength (Vitality), Mental Strength (Mindfulness) and Character Strength (Authenticity) and the expert team includes:
• Master Hu – Kung Fu Master at Mandarin Oriental, Sanya
• Andrew Johnson - Meditation Teacher at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
• Cristina Mclauchlan - Yoga Teacher at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
• Tony Reed - Massage Therapist at Mandarin Oriental, Boston
• Newman Chen – Traditional Chinese Medicine Specialist at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai.
Each Spa at Mandarin Oriental ensures the modern luxuries of silence, calm, separation from technology, and nurturing touch from professionally trained therapists in a tranquil environment.
The group recognises the unprecedented levels of stress and anxiety faced by colleagues amid the challenges brought by the pandemic and has also launched a virtual Inner Strength – Outer Strength course alongside myriad local wellness activities to support the global team in adopting new wellness habits into their lifestyle. For further information on each hotel’s Inner Strength – Outer Strength programme, click here.
View the full press release here.