Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is offering guests an opportunity to discover Catalonia’s prestigious Priorat wine region and one of its most famous wineries.
While touring Priorat, one of only two Spanish wine regions to have DOQ distinction, guests of the Priorat Wine Journey Package will enjoy an exclusive wine tasting at the cellars of Mervm Priorati.
The Priorat Wine Journey Package is priced from €2,070 (approx. £1,880) per person based on two sharing and includes:
• Two nights’ B&B stay in a luxurious Deluxe Room or Suite at Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona
• Welcome bottle of Priorat wine
• Private round-trip car transfers to Mervm Priorati in Porrera
• An introduction to the owner of the Mervm Priorati winery
• A chauffeured drive through the vineyards in a convertible 4x4
• A guided walking tour of local historic sites around Porrera including the Escala Dei monastery, which has its origins in the 12th century, and the Hermitage of Sant Antoni, with its panoramic views of Porrera accompanied by two experts in wine-growing and local history
• Tour of the Mervm Priorati cellar
• Wine tasting and Spanish tapas
• Lunch served by Mervm Priorati’s Chef of the cellar
• Guided tour of Porrera village